Friday, March 30, 2012

Network Drives

Dear all,
I want to take backup of my Sql server 2000 databases on network drive but I am unable to find the network drive only local drive are seen in Enterprise Manager of my Sql server. Actually I have tried both by, maping my network drive thru Domain/Administrator password as well as domain/users password also but it will not showing my network drives.I am also changed my Sqlserver services with this account also.
Kindly help, Thanx in advance.
Lokesh/Ravishrikrishna
Hi
SQL Server and SQL Agent need to run under a domain account that has
permissions on the destination share. Do not map a drive, rather address it
as \\servername\sharename. EM does not understand it, so you can not backup
using the maintenance plan wizard. You have to write T-SQL code (BACKUP
DATABASE ...) and run it as a SQL Server Agent Job.
Regards
Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Zurich, Switzerland
IM: mike@.epprecht.net
MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
"Lokesh Bhatnagar" <lokesh@.webdunia.com> wrote in message
news:%23S9ccuAwFHA.908@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
Dear all,
I want to take backup of my Sql server 2000 databases on network drive but I
am unable to find the network drive only local drive are seen in Enterprise
Manager of my Sql server. Actually I have tried both by, maping my network
drive thru Domain/Administrator password as well as domain/users password
also but it will not showing my network drives.I am also changed my
Sqlserver services with this account also.
Kindly help, Thanx in advance.
Lokesh/Ravishrikrishna

No comments:

Post a Comment