Friday, March 30, 2012

Network Credentials and Report Render using the WebService Issue

Hi All,
I hope someone can help me. I am wondering if there is anyway to use the
WebService to Render Reports without the users password. I do nothave it and
since we use TN Authenticationwe should nto need it. the issue is if I use
the Default Crddentials on the Web Service it trys to run the reports as the
asp.net worker process not the authenticated user.
Is there a nyway to fix this? I tried setting the credentials but I do not
have thre password and I hate to ask the user in some sort of pop up.
All ideas would be great.
Thanks,
Sal
--
SalSal,
Wondering if you have figured this out. I too would like to use the ASP.net
worker proccess or use the [MachineName]\ASPNET or
[MachineName]\IUSR_MachnineName or NT Authority\NETWork Service to authticate
for viewing a report.
We have LDAP groups managing our security and I can deny/grant access to an
ASPX page via Allow/Deny in the Webconfig file. If they are allowed, we don't
want to have to have them logg in (provide creditials.)
I can add the group to the Security node in RS2005
Let me know if you find anything out.
Thanks,
rwiethorn
"Sal" wrote:
> Hi All,
> I hope someone can help me. I am wondering if there is anyway to use the
> WebService to Render Reports without the users password. I do nothave it and
> since we use TN Authenticationwe should nto need it. the issue is if I use
> the Default Crddentials on the Web Service it trys to run the reports as the
> asp.net worker process not the authenticated user.
> Is there a nyway to fix this? I tried setting the credentials but I do not
> have thre password and I hate to ask the user in some sort of pop up.
> All ideas would be great.
> Thanks,
> Sal
> --
> Sal

No comments:

Post a Comment