Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Network Backups SQL server 2005 Ent

I am trying to backup to a network drive. When I choose backup to disk it
will not show anything but my local drives. I put in a UNC or a mapped
drive and it says it cannot validate the existance of the backup directory.
My server has access to the shared drives on the other machines why can't
SQL server see it.
Is there something I have to turn on in SQL Server 2005 before it will let
me backup over the network?
Any idea's on why this is not working for me?Hi
The Service Account that SQL Server runs under needs to be a domain account,
and must have permissions on the destination share. Same as for SQL Server
2000
--
--
Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Zurich, Switzerland
IM: mike@.epprecht.net
MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
"Unreal400" <Unreal400@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E4BD6092-C082-4063-AFE8-3FAA866E8C75@.microsoft.com...
>I am trying to backup to a network drive. When I choose backup to disk it
> will not show anything but my local drives. I put in a UNC or a mapped
> drive and it says it cannot validate the existance of the backup
> directory.
> My server has access to the shared drives on the other machines why can't
> SQL server see it.
> Is there something I have to turn on in SQL Server 2005 before it will let
> me backup over the network?
> Any idea's on why this is not working for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment