Monday, February 20, 2012

Need to update old area codes

I have files with area codes that are several years old. Everything I've seen about updating area codes deals with area codes that are current and are about to split in the near future. How would I go about bringing old area codes up to date?It's based on the area code and the exchange...go to usps site...|||Er, Brett, are you sure you want to point sync to the Postal Service? Why would they give a rat's ass about area codes?

Could you provide a URL?

I would love to have a consistant source of Area codes, not to mention international codes. right now I have to search around scrubbing various web sites for up to date lists.|||bpdWork, Which web sites are you using to get your lists? At the moment I'm not even sure what kind of data I need to do the job.|||Originally posted by sync
bpdWork, Which web sites are you using to get your lists? At the moment I'm not even sure what kind of data I need to do the job.
http://www.nanpa.com/nanp1/AllCodes.zip|||Thank you jbroyles. It seems that in order to use the NANPA data, the area codes that need updating must have dates associated with them. Is that correct? My data does not have dates.

Peter|||Originally posted by sync
Thank you jbroyles. It seems that in order to use the NANPA data, the area codes that need updating must have dates associated with them. Is that correct? My data does not have dates.

Peter

It seems you would be correct.|||bump|||[doooh]
postal service
[/dooh]

I used to have a linke...it might have been ATT...

try this

http://www.vzmultimedia.com/customersupport/areacodes/recent_changes.html

or this

http://www.consumer.att.com/global/english/usa_codes.html

There used to be a conversion list using exchanges....

No comments:

Post a Comment